Entertain your kids this season by turning play time into learning time by making aromatherapy play dough!
This activity is a great way for children to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils. Use a variety of oils and colours to help kids learn new scents. Some fun essential oils could include:
🎈 Wild Orange
🎈 2 Cups Flour
🎈 2 Cups Coloured Water
🎈 1 Cup salt
🎈 1 Tablespoon olive oil
🎈 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
🎈 5 drops of Essential Oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat.
- Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favourite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined. You’re done!
- Just store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.